Thursday, August 9, 2007

Assignment

Real quick update. Today we recieved our assignments and placement for after we are sworn in as official PC volunteers. I will be posted in the Mopti region in a village about 20 km outside a town called Bankass. I will work with villagers (mostly women) working on small community gardens among other projects. Its a new site and has never had a PCV before so I will be starting fresh. Its in Dogon country so along with Bambara I might also pick up some Dogon and Fulfulde. I am super pumped about my location and there are some really cool volunteers that will be up there with me. Swear in will be Sept. 21 so about 6 more weeks of training. I feeling better, Mr. D is leaving me alone, I'm recharged and ready to go again. I'll be back at Tubaniso on the 17th I believe so I'll write more then.

Bankass has internet and electricty, but I hear the internet is expensive. Also I will have cell phone service at my site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I am so glad that you are doing well! It all sounds so fascinating. Miss you! :)

Ann Eckert said...

Your blog is really interesting. I'm glad you're liking it. Looking forward to your next entry. Ann

Christy Schulting said...

Braxton, Jackson and I loved reading about your adventures...Jackson was least interested in the bathroom (or lackthereof) stories ;-) Look forward to reading your next entry. Christy and Jackson

Anonymous said...

hey djigi!! that's so cool! glad you're feeling better...that would suck to catch that bug, as you know...especially without toilet paper!! :) i love reading your blogs! i'm totally living through you right now...take care! xxoo
becki